October 27th, 2016
I’ve recently had the opportunity to review the Microdermabrasion Crystals from NEEDCRYSTALS. This came at a perfect time when the colder months are approaching, and exfoliation is key to keeping skin healthy and radiant.
The product boasts that it sweeps away dead surface skin, clears pores to visibly reduce their appearance, and leaves skin clear, smooth and more even toned. What makes this product unique is that it is a jar of dry crystals, which you add to the facial cleanser of your choice. We love that you are free to continue using whichever facial cleanser is right for you, with the added benefit of exfoliation. And the jar of crystals goes a long way! In order to get the full effect, I used the product for two weeks to really give it a chance to give me good results. And I will say that I in fact did start to see results even after the first use. My skin felt smoother and softer within days of using the product, and after two weeks I do believe that my pores appear smaller, and acne marks seem to have faded a little. I’d definitely recommend this product for those looking to exfoliate their skin and reduce pore size. Add it to your favorite facial cleanser, and get the results of both products in one!
Where to purchase: needcrystals.com
October 21st, 2016
Is fine hair weighing you down? It’s easy to create the illusion of more luscious and thicker strands by using the right hair care products, getting a flattering hair cut, changing up your hair part and using the most suitable heat styling tools. Here are a few quick and easy ways to add volume instantly.
Blow Dry Strategically
Styling and blow drying can create the illusion of thicker, more luscious hair. Start with damp hair and apply a volumizing product close to the roots of your hair. You can create extra lift and texture in your hair by directing the blow dryer’s airflow towards your roots first and move on to the rest of your strands once your roots are dry.
Use The Right Shampoo For Your Hair Type
If you hair is excessively oily the oils may weigh down your hair resulting in limp locks. Those with oily hair may want to wash more frequently. You may also consider using a dry shampoo. A dry shampoo will clean your hair without having to use water and generally comes in a powder formula or spray and works to absorbs your hair’s natural oils. One benefit of using a dry shampoo is that it can also add texture and volume in addition to cleaning your hair. For an extra boost, try concentrationg the product at your roots.
Get A Volumizing Cut
The right hair cut can go a long way in achieving a voluminous appearance. Tell your stylist to give you long layers; a blunt cut or one length hair will make hair look flater. Layers can be used to achieve more texture and make your hair look bouncier. Hair length also matters; you may want to consider a mid length or shorter cut since very long locks can drag your hair down.
Change Your Part
One of the easiest ways to achieve volume immediately is to change the way your part your hair. Parting your hair in the same direction for years can cause your hair to just lay flat. If you always part your hair to the right try parting it towards the left. This will help to lift your strands away from your roots and create more body.
Pick A Ceramic Hair Dryer
One of the keys to achieving more voluminous locks is to pick the right blow dryer. A ceramic hair dryer is ideal for fine hair because it doesn’t weigh hair down like ionic hair dryers can. Ionic dryers flatten the hair’s cuticle for a super smooth sleek look which means shiny hair but less volume. Instead, pick a ceramic dryer which will give fine hair a volume boost. Online hair dryer reviews may give you insight when it comes to picking a device that’s suitable for your budget, lifestyle and needs.
Hi, my name is Jacqueline C. and I’m a beauty enthusiast and shopaholic. I’m a blogger and writer and have researched and written a study to help consumers find the best vitamin C serum. I currently reside in L.A and enjoy trying out new beauty products and looking for the latest deals.
October 11th, 2016
Can you believe it’s already fall? It’s surreal how time flies!
To us – it still feels like summer when the air is silky and we’re all channeling our inner Amazon queens, tanned, messy and gorgeous. Ah, good days. However, the fall is not that bad, either – with oranges and deep greens all around, the smell of roasted chestnuts in the streets and fabulous fashion – the opportunities to enjoy it are plenty.
Naturally, with this rapid season change, to look our absolute best, we need to change our summer beauty routine to the fall one. Luckily for all of us little beauty geeks, transitional skincare products are already on shelves in our favorite stores, and it’s time we did some shopping!
Here’s a list of the basic summer-to-fall essentials to purchase.
Unfortunately, after laying out on the beach for hours on end, your skin starts reflecting so much more than a tan; it gets dry and flaky and you need to employ a little bit of magic to protect it from damage the sun’s done. You need the water dried up from your skin to be quickly and deeply infused back in there, so look for a facial moisturizer made with retinol, beeswax, amino acids and rosemary extract for a fabulous hydrating effect. To restore skin’s natural glow and soften harsh lines, apply the cream under makeup and before bed.
A high-quality daily peel will do wonders for getting skin back to its pre-summer naturally radiant state. Choose powerful, yet gentle exfoliate acids to help improve the skin’s texture and diminish fine lines in the long run. In case you’ve never used a peel before, you’ll be blown away by its effect.
The Right Antioxidant
The skin needs constant protection against the environment; this is why you need to find a serum that will feel natural on your skin. A good serum will be the best antioxidant your skin can get. Opt for a product whose powerful combination of ingredients helps repair your skin and some former skin-scarring or damage. Used every day, the serum will result in a remarkable change in the skin.
A Profound Eye Cream
The eye area is very sensitive to all weather factors, sun especially. Find eye cream which instantly cools and depuffs the under eye area and gives your face its initial glow. The best under eye creams are those made with caffeine as they successfully reduce bags and puffiness. After a long summer or a night without enough sleep, a coffee-based eye cream mask is what you want to go with.
A Night Cream
To knock out dry skin cells and up the ante on collagen production, find a good night cream that will do the magic. Creams to look for are those made with ingredients like glycolic and salicylic acids as they achieve the best effect of chemical exfoliation. Formulas based on bearberry, horse chestnut and white tea soothe the skin to mow over wrinkles, fine lines and hyperpigmentation.
A fabulous Makeup Eraser
After a long, makeup free summer, you’ll start using makeup again and you will need a product, gentle enough to nurture your skin and yet successfully remove anything you’ve got going on your face. It doesn’t replace cleansing, yet it works to remove makeup. Go for gentle formulas that aren’t invasive on the skin but are strong enough to remove waterproof and long wearing makeup.
Ladies, don’t worry too much about this seasonal transition; if you stick to the right formulas and quality products, your skin will restore its initial glow and elasticity in a second. Good luck picking!
Emma Lawson is a passionate writer, online article editor and a beauty enthusiast. In her spare time, she likes to do research, and write articles to create awareness regarding healthy lifestyle. She also strives to suggest quality products like the ones you can find at Peter’s of Kensington. Twitter @EmmahLawson
September 27th, 2016
Did you know that most sunscreens in the stores are full of toxins? They are not only harmful to your skin but are toxic to your body as well. According to the EWG guide to sunscreen, some of the toxic chemicals used in sunscreens which are not approved by the U.S are oxybenzone, octinoxate, homosalate, octisalate, and octocrylene.
Protecting your skin from harmful UV rays is important. But, still, it’s important that you find a way to shield yourself without the use of chemicals and unnecessary additives.
Thankfully you have another option to save you skin from the wrath of the sun via chemical-free ways. You no longer have to slather yourself with sunscreens that are full of chemicals. Instead take a look at these simple DIY sunscreen recipes.
1. Waterproof Sunscreen
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 1/4 cup almond oil
• 1/4 cup beeswax
• 2 tablespoons Shea butter
• 2 tablespoons zinc oxide
• In a boiler add all the ingredients except the zinc powder
• Stir them well on a medium flame until they are combined
• Pour it into a jar and add the zinc to it
• Wrap a towel around the jar and shake it well
• Let it cool off completely and then transfer it to a refillable silicon tube
2. Herbal Sunscreen
• 1/4 cup calendula oil
• 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
• 1/4 cup of neem oil
• 1/4 cup of coconut oil
• 1/4 cup of cocoa butter
• 25 drops of lavender essential oil
• 5 teaspoons Vitamin E oil
• In a pan add the coconut oil, cocoa butter, neem oil, and calendula oil and heat it over a medium flame
• Once the oils are combined add the aloe vera gel and mix well
• Remove the pan from the stove and lastly add the lavender essential oil and Vitamin E oil
• One it cools off store it in an airtight container
3. Sun Block for Acne Prone Skin
• 5 tablespoons coconut oil
• 2 teaspoons zinc oxide
• 8 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
• Mix all the ingredients together and make sure you don’t inhale the zinc oxide
4. Beach Sunscreen
• 1 cup unrefined Shea Butter
• 2/3 cup coconut oil
• 15 drops of myrrh essential oil
• 15 drops of carrot seed essential oil
• Add the Shea butter and coconut oil in a pan, heat and combine thoroughly
• Next, add both the essential oils and mix well
• Store the contents in an air-tight container
5. Coconut Oil Sunscreen
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 1/4 cup Shea butter
• 1/8 cup jojoba oil
• 1 teaspoon red raspberry seed oil
• 1 teaspoon carrot seed oil
• 1 teaspoon zinc oxide powder
• Add the coconut oil, Shea butter and jojoba oil in a pan and mix it well on a medium flame
• Once the butter is well melted remove it from the stove and let the mixture cool
• Next, add the zinc oxide and the essential oils to the mixture
• Keep the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes
• Then take it out of the fridge and whip it thoroughly
• Store it in a glass container
Lastly, here are a few things you have to know about the usage of sunscreens:
• A common mistake people make, is applying a small amount of the cream which will not protect your skin completely. Make sure you use at least an ounce of the cream for full body protection
• Sunscreen must be applied 30 minutes before you go out
• Apply sunscreen every 3 hours if you’re out in the sun throughout the day
You can also learn more at fixyourskin.com. Hopefully, this time, you’ll be protected from the sun naturally!
Hello, Hannah, here from FixYourSkin.com! I have a lot of experience with skin health and have written several articles that have been published. FixYourSkin has a lot of tips, health advice and DIY recipes which can give you great looking skin without any side effects!
September 26th, 2016
The skin is a precious part of our bodies. A glowing, youthful skin provides us with a confidence boost and allows us to look more presentable in public. Excessive exposure to the sun, smoking, harmful chemicals, low protein intake, genetics, and stress can all lead to premature aging. Doctor Oz reports several signs that can show you when you are aging too fast. These signs include cottonmouth in the morning, red and inflamed eyes, graying skin, loss of smell and hearing loss. While these may not all be directly associated with aging signs on the facial area, they all provide evidence that the entire body is aging too fast, which often leads to the skin to start aging too fast as well.
With millions of people struggling to fight against the signs of premature aging, a range of products has hit the market to offer assistance. The large variety of products available in the modern day to help minimize the effects of aging makes it hard to choose the best anti-aging product for a specific condition. Marketing material of these products can also make it hard to choose, especially when a list of promises is made but never delivered on. Considering the fact that some of these products can also be quite pricey, such as the Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Lifting Firming Day Cream SPF 15, going for an average of $150, we sometimes need to reach deep into our wallets to be able to afford such a product.
Step-By-Step Anti-Aging Skincare
When it comes to buying commercially available anti-aging serums, people often forget that these products usually work in a system. To gain optimum benefits, an array of products is required. In the end, this results in a large expense that might not even be worth the buy. Looking into alternative methods that can help you treat and prevent signs of premature aging can be an effective option. This will help you save money, while also enjoying similar benefits to what these expensive products can offer you.
Anti-Aging Skincare Tips
Before we look at the proper skin care regimen to follow to avoid premature aging of the skin, let us first take a look at some anti-aging skin care tips. We often forget how important it is to take care of our bodies to resemble a more youthful appearance on the outside. These tips can easily be implemented into your daily task list to gain the benefits and enjoy younger looking that that is radiant and “full of life”.
- Huffington Post reports that sleep deprivation has been linked to early signs of aging. If you are struggling to sleep, ask your doctor to prescribe you a mild sedative to help you fall asleep. You could also try to get into bed earlier and drink some chamomile tea before going to sleep. This will help ease your mind and relax your entire body.
- Byrdie reports that sleeping with makeup on can lead to collagen degradation and premature aging. Instead of getting into bed while still wearing makeup, take a few moments to remove the makeup with a gentle makeup remover product.
- Everyday Health reports that excessive exposure to the sun can cause premature aging signs on the skin, including wrinkles. Instead of going out when the sun is at its highest point, schedule your jogging session for early in the morning or later in the afternoon. When you need to go out into the sun while it is very hot outside, where a shade on your head to protect your face from UV rays.
Anti-Aging Skincare Regimen
When you use these tips in your daily routine, you will already be able to benefit from the advantages the tips have to offer your skin. These tips can also help avoid the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles at a premature age. Avoiding these damaging effects on the skin is much better than only taking action once they appear. Following a proper, safe and effective anti-aging skin care regimen can also be beneficial to combat the signs of aging. When using serums to treat the effects of aging on the skin, try to opt for a system such as Skin Element, which uses a multi-step system and provides complete care for the area around the eyes, the face and the neck.
- Start by washing your face with a non-soap cleanser. Use warm water while washing your face.
- Use an eye cream to treat aging effects around the eyes.
- Finish your morning routine with a moisturizer. Ensure the moisturizer has UV protection.
- In the evening, you should wash and exfoliate the skin, followed by another treatment remedy for the eyes. Use a natural anti-aging serum to treat visible signs of aging and, finally, top the regimen off with moisturizer specifically designed for night use.
A thorough, effective anti-aging skin care regimen can make a huge different on the appearance of aging effects on the skin. With several factors such as sun exposure and chemicals in facial products causing these signs to show up earlier than they should, it is vital to consider what products you are using. If the products are not effective on your skin, it may be time to switch to a better regimen.
Sophie Addison is a popular blogger and skincare expert. She is very passionate about writing on skincare and beauty. She has posted articles on tips for fine lines under eyes, best eye creams, weight loss and fitness news. Apart from work she likes gardening and listening music. You can also contact her on Facebook, and Pinterest.