September 6th, 2016
Who doesn’t want more voluminous lashes? Well CoverGirl’s Plumpify Blast Pro Mascara promises 50X more volume, so we had to give it a try.
Before even trying the formula, I noticed that the brush was slightly larger than average, and had a nice spiral shape which I was excited to try. Once I dipped the brush into the mascara, it looks a little clumpy but once I wiped a couple of the clumps off and try it, the formula delivered. I love the large brush, which really does seem to plump up your lashes, but it can be hard to get in the corners so that is one downfall. The mascara formula itself seemed average to me – nothing spectacular, but it did seem to keep my lashes separated and they looked long and full, which is pretty much all you can ask for.
Product: CoverGirl Plumpify Blast Pro Mascara
Description: “Our Plumpify blastPRO Mascara plumpifies your lashes with 50x volume boost for full lashes! This volumizing mascara has a specialized, double-action brush that vertically lifts lashes from their roots, guaranteeing plumping without the clumping — A whole new look in lashes, plumpified!
” – From the CoverGirl website
Stars: 4 out of 5
Posted in Product Reviews
August 29th, 2016
Let’s be honest, acne is no easy obstacle to overcome, especially for teenagers. It’s expensive, tiresome, and at times, even painful. Everyone’s skin is different and our skin is a reflection of our internal health. Skin that glows for example, symbolizes proper hydration, and proper hydration allows our skin to prosper. For the majority of us, however, acne prevents our skin from reaching its full potential. This not only has the ability to damage skin, but it can also damage a child’s self-confidence. Although acne impacts over a million Americans each year, according to the American Academy, doctors are still unable to find a way to prevent breakouts from occurring.
Normally, acne is caused by bacteria, clogged-pores, oil glands, and dead skin. On the other hand, acne can also be influenced by dieting, medication, hormones, and even stress. With all these different possibilities, it’s no wonder why doctors haven’t found a solution yet. Acne in a way, can be caused by just about anything.
This, unfortunately, causes people to turn to harsh chemicals and medication which can make the case worse and may have a negative effect further down the line.
Before you consider giving up on your skin, here are five inexpensive ways to help minimize your chances of breaking out using everyday remedies right at home.
Photo credit: Magazine.lankahelp.com
Things To Be Aware Of
1. Avoid Eating Processed Food, and Stay Hydrated
That’s right, one of the simplest ways to avoid breaking out is by actually not eating what’s considered to be, junk food. In other words, avoid eating food that’s high in sugar, fat, and that is glycemic.
“What should I eat then?” you ask.
Well, instead of eating fast food, trying to eat fish, oysters, and probiotics. In addition to this, researchers have also found that drinking lots of water can help get rid of acne and prevent future breakouts. Drinking water is a good way to flush out those internal toxins and most importantly, it allows your skin to stay hydrated. This gives your body the ability to fight off infections.
2. Hands Off
The cheapest and most effective way to prevent unwanted pimples is by simply not touching your face. The Huffington Post, estimates that we touch our face anywhere from 2,000-3,000 times a day without even realizing it. With that being said, something as simple as picking up your cell phone, turning a doorknob, or even touching a handrail can cause us to come into contact with millions of germs. This means if you’re prone to acne, your skin is at risk. So you next time you touch your face, remember to wash. It might save your skin from breaking out.
3. At Home Remedies To Try
One thing a lot of skin care companies don’t tell you is that their products don’t work for everyone. Skin, like characteristics, are distinctive and unique. This means for some, your acne can’t be fixed by store bought products that promise overnight solutions. With that being said, if your skin is anything like mine, sometimes you have a slower approach and rely on home remedies to treat your acne on a case-by-case basis.
4. Wash Your Face Twice A Day, To Keep Acne Away
Did you know, throughout the course of the day your face is exposed to dirt, dust, makeup (for some) and, even sweat? This can result in clogged-pores which can lead to blackheads, whiteheads, red pustules, and papules. But as long as you cleanse your face twice a day, your skin won’t disappoint you.
5. Moisturize Your Skin
Your skin is your friend, so take care of it. Although not all over-the-counter skin care products are bad for you, a lot of them will dry your skin out; resulting in your skin peeling, and exposure to bacteria. The next time you’re out shopping for hygiene products, look for a lotion that has “non-comedogenic” on the label, which means it should not cause unwanted pimples.
Remember, don’t take your skin for granted, it protects us from bacteria, injuries and viruses. So take care of it.
Author Bio: Cody Hill
Growing up Cody loved reading, and exploring the wilderness to get out the house. Throughout his childhood, Cody always managed to get his hands on books and loved playing with animals. Now, as an adult, books are still apart of Cody’s life and he loves reading them.
Since Cody is a recent graduate from Boise State University, he unfortunately doesn’t have a lot of content published. Rather than stopping him, however, he’s used it as a motivational factor. Today, if you can’t find Cody online reading articles, you can catch him watching football (go Seahawks!) or chasing his dog, Bruno out in the park.
August 22nd, 2016
Dull skin and shallow complexion can snatch the glow from beautiful skin. This is the impact of dead skin cells that get accumulated just beneath the surface of the skin. The dull skin, however, is not very difficult to remove. There are many methods to brighten and freshen up the skin. Exfoliation is one of the best ways to brighten the skin by removing the dead cells. Exfoliation is rubbing the skin gently with different agents or methods to remove the oil, dirt, dead skins and other pollutants behind the skin. There are many effective methods to remove all these things from the skin but here are the 6 exfoliation methods that are extremely useful, helpful and impactful to brighten the skin.
1. Papaya Scrub
Papaya is one of the most beneficial beauty enhancing fruits found. Natural papaya scrub exfoliation can be very helpful. The gentle exfoliation of the skin releases an enzyme called papain from the Papaya. This is a great agent to clear oil, dirt and other agents from the skin. The enzyme can also add a natural glow to your skin. The impact of papaya exfoliation can be enhanced by adding a bit of honey.
2. Tomato Juice with Loofah
One may not consider tomato very important outside the kitchen. However, the significance of tomato is impeccable even for beauty. A dull complexion can be removed with tomato juice and gentle rubbing of the skin. Tomato bleaches the skin very gently and adds a sparkling glow to the skin as well. The lycopene in tomato can reduce marks, scars and acne as well. This is one of the best exfoliation methods.
3. Vitamin C Exfoliation Using a Washcloth
Exfoliate your skin gently with a washcloth using warm water. Vitamin C is one of the best agents for cleansing and brightening the skin. There are many natural Vitamin C agents that can be very helpful for exfoliating. Lemon is a great exfoliant for the skin. However, there are many other Vitamin C agents available that can also be helpful for the exfoliation method. They can remove dark spots from the skin very easily. Moreover, Vitamin C has the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can be even more helpful.
4. Aloe Vera Scrub With a Skin Care Brush
A skin care brush can be used to exfoliate your skin gently and slowly. Aloe vera is considered one of the best and most soothing agents that can be applied to the human skin. Aloe vera can very easily exfoliate the skin with a slow and gentle rub. It can be directly used, or the aloe vera juice can be used for exfoliation. Aloe vera has many properties that help you to get glowing skin. Dull complexions can be tackled very well with aloe vera. Aloe vera does not only remove the skin cells, oil, and dirt from the skin but also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties when used to exfoliate properly. It also has anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties.
6 Natural Ways to Brighten Your Skin Complexion
5. Honey-Based Exfoliation with Cotton
Cotton is a good way to exfoliate the skin gently. There are many products that are anti-aging as well, and that can be used. The best anti-aging products contain honey and other natural ingredients. Exfoliating with honey-based products can be very effective for the skin. It is not only good for removing the dead cells from the skin; but also to achieve glowing and radiant skin. Honey can be great for your skin when used as an exfoliant. It softens and removes wrinkles.
6. Herbal Products Exfoliation
There are many herbal products available that are great for skin. Products that have been made with natural ingredients ensure that the dead cells are properly removed, and you achieve radiant skin. There are many products from trusted brands that can be used to exfoliate the skin.
Exfoliation involves gently scrubbing dead cells from skin. It is best to exfoliate two times each week. These are natural methods of removing the dull complexion of skin. However, other skin care regimens like moisturization should be followed for better results. There are different creams available for exfoliation that can be helpful as well.
Sophie Addison is a popular blogger and skincare expert. She is very passionate about writing on skincare and beauty. She has posted articles on tips for fine lines under eyes, best eye creams, weight loss and fitness news. In recent years, she had the opportunity to research on Dermagist. Apart from work she likes gardening and listening music. You can also contact her on Facebook, and Pinterest.
Posted in Guest Post
August 16th, 2016
With so many wrinkle care products available in the market these days, you are either intimidated by the sheer volume of choices made available to you by manufacturers or, you are an expert navigator — you know exactly what you want, what your aging skin needs, and which products can give you just that.
If you think you know everything there is to know about wrinkles, read on, and you’ll probably find out a thing or two about those pesky creases that you haven’t quite heard of before.
10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Wrinkles
1. How you age, how fast you age and when you start to show signs of skin aging are all determined by your genes. However, even though your genes have already predetermined how wrinkled you’re going to get, these remain to be influenced by many other factors including photoaging, senescence, and even the appropriateness of anti-aging products like Derma Promedics to your skin.
2. Photoaging remains to be the factor that most influences skin aging. UV radiation is simply too powerful even for the best sunscreens to beat. In fact, no type nor brand of sunscreen will ever be capable of giving you 100% protection. So, prioritize avoiding the sun as much as you can. Employ other ways of keeping the sun out, including staying in the shade, using an umbrella, putting on a broad brimmed hat, getting a darker tint for your car windshield and windows, and putting on your fashion sunglasses.
3. Senescence. Wrinkles cannot be evaded, whether or not you inherited good genes that won’t make you age too soon. Even when you have oily skin, sooner or later, dryness will rule as a result of the body slowing down. Then, there will be less cellular activity and your skin exhibits more signs of skin aging. Healthier lifestyle choices, most especially eating a balanced diet and exercising often, will cause a significant delay in the onset of senescence.
4. Skin is not as easy to penetrate. No matter how convincing product marketing may sound, not all the beneficial ingredients infused in their formulation are able to penetrate skin deep where these can be useful. There are ingredients you do have to look for in your wrinkle creams like moisturizers, vitamin and peptides which Derma Promedics contains. Antioxidants will also do wonders for your skin. The ones that can penetrate your skin well are Vitamins B3, C and E.
5. Over washing can cause wrinkles. Just because clean and clear skin is the foundation of beautiful skin does not mean you are required to wash your face every top of the hour. At most, wash up to twice daily, and up to thrice if you have oily skin.
6. Harsh products can cause wrinkles. Inflammation is a major cause of skin aging. Irritation from alcohols, fragrance, colorants, preservatives and synthetic chemicals infused in almost every beauty and personal care product can damage your skin. It would be a waste if this happens because better alternatives are available.
7. Sleeping on your side or face down can cause wrinkles to form. Your sleeping position can become a major determinant of how and where your wrinkles develop. Sleep on your back so as not to let gravity work against your otherwise wrinkle-free face.
8. Expressive people are likely to form more wrinkles. Repeated and habitual facial expressions are a major cause of wrinkles. So, if you are expressive, you may want to relax your emotions a bit.
9. Your gadgets can cause your skin to wrinkle. Everyone is getting too much gadget time these days, and you probably are too. The blue light is a form of radiation. Reading onscreen and stooping down strains your eyes and even makes you squint. Gadgets can also be full of bacteria which you can easily transfer to your skin.
10. Makeup can make your wrinkles look worse. Makeup can seep into wrinkles, particularly when applied too thickly. So, stop covering up those wrinkles because the more you do, the more they show.
Whereas product advertising and marketing will have consumers believe wrinkles are easy as a breeze to prevent and to treat, well, not quite.
Can Wrinkle Creams Really Erase Wrinkles?
Lisiana is a renowned independent researcher and is studying the impact of technology in the beauty industry. She is passionate about beauty, makeup, fashion and skincare industry. She holds a Ph.D. in beauty and thereby has been consistently sharing her experience by writing various articles related to makeup, beauty, fashion and skin care.
Posted in Guest Post
August 4th, 2016
Just in time for the hottest month of summer – and who doesn’t need to stock up on more sunscreen? Make sure you’re doing your research and choosing the best product for you.
In search for a lighter weight and less greasy sunblock, I’ve decided to try out Coppertone’s new Clearly Sheer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30. Upon first application, the sunscreen has a light scent (I tend to love the smell of sunscreens so am a little partial, but it is not overly strong). It goes on easily and smoothly and rubs in quickly with little effort which I like. The lotion is definitely not as thick as many sunscreens are, and you don’t have do to a ton of rubbing to get the “white” look to disappear on your skin. I also used the sunscreen on my face since it promises not to cause breakouts. My skin did not feel greasy or oily at all.
Overall, the sunscreen does as it promises – no greasy residue and the formula is light. I had no issues with breakouts in the days after use, and it protected my skin from sunburn for the 2 hours that I was in the harsh rays.
Product: Coppertone Clearly Sheer Sunscreen SPF 30
Description: “Beach-level protection. Won’t clog pores or cause breakouts (clinically tested on acne-prone skin). Sheer formulas are great under make-up. Products feel clean and light leaving a matte finish. Fresh citrus scent with soft floral base notes.” – From the Coppertone website
Stars: 5 out of 5
Posted in Product Reviews